Sunday, April 2, 2017

THE END

It's been a while since I've written, so I thought I would check in. Didn't want you to think that my brain on wheels just wandered off the face of the earth. I'll keep it short and sweet today. Well, maybe not so sweet. Here is a poem I wrote.

The End 

I sometimes dream the banality of life is disrupted
by some unprecedented cataclysmic force,
and the world is thrown into complete disorder
as panic wipes the spurious smiles off painted faces,
and melts the glaciers covering dispassionate souls,
and the rat maze of office buildings and shopping malls
and track houses is left entirely in ruins.
After the destruction follows a peaceful emptiness
and a beautiful silence that will inevitably be shattered
by the insistent screaming of my alarm clock.



No comments:

Post a Comment